Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our NZ Adventure - Day 6: Friday May 27

Checked out today. We really did enjoy Napier but it was time to move on so off we headed to Taupo.

Day looked clear so I drove. This is a huge deal as I am not a confident driver at all. I really do need to get more confident when driving and the reality is once I start I am ok it's just being brave enough to get behind the wheel. At home in Sydney I am worse (I like to blame it on learning to drive in the country, not sure if that really holds water but it helps me sleep at night).

Well the good weather and the simple roads didn't last long as we went up the mountain and then back down it. The top of the mountain meant the road was crazy busy with big logging trucks but I did ok.

The only time I was speeding I admit we had the Doctor Who soundtrack Amy in the TARDIS blasting. It was fun but have to remember my genetic lead foot.


Taupo is a really pretty lake and village. We went strait to the I site (God kindly didn't make me reverse park) got s good hotel room, checked in and the. Went for a wander. Kebabs for lunch - mine was great, Richards not so much. Back to the room for a bath, out for dinner and then early to bed. Of course when I say early to bed I mean st home it's early ut here it's usually midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment