Monday, May 9, 2011

8 May 2011

I love my mum. I love my grandma. I love seeing my sister as a mum. There is something magical about mothers, these people who are there for you from the moment you are born until the moment you pass. Even if your mum isn't alive anymore there is no foreseeable way she isn't in heaven making sure things go well for you like she did when she was on earth.

I use the image of the peacock to represent my mother because in history, myth, legend and lore, the Peacock symbolism carries portents of: Nobility, Holiness, Guidance, Protection and Watchfulness. In Hinduism the Peacock is associated with Lakshmi who is a deity representing benevolence, patience, kindness, compassion and good luck. All words that describe my Mum.

I can't wait to be a mother. I hope that I can be even half the mum that I have and that I have seen my sister turn into. Fingers crossed its genetically in there, just waiting to come out.

Image via

Peacock symbolism source

No comments:

Post a Comment