Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Journal Day

One of my favourite blogs Sometimes Sweet posted this idea about journal day. She'd provide a prompt and then her readers could write a post from there and then add some/all of the post as a comment on her blog. I love the idea so thought I would join in... even if I don't always post it on her blog.

Describe a "first" (first date, first lie, the first time you experienced something, first time in a particular setting, etc). Include as many details as possible to paint a picture.

I had pretty much decided on the morning after the night we got together that I was in love with Richard. I just knew it, it was all so easy and we had a good laugh and I knew instinctually that he would do his best to always be good to me. Of course, you can't say "I love you" to a man that you have just started dating, scares them off apparently. So as the women's mag advice goes I decided to wait for him to say it first.

Three months in and still no "I love you". I am not known in my family for patience so that I hadn't cracked and said it first is quite the achievement let me tell you. One night we were at Richard's snuggled in bed and I was trying to get him to say it (don't judge). He knew what I was trying to do but he wouldn't bite. Eventually I looked up at him and said "I like you, more than just as a friend", he looked at me smiled and said "I love you Alys". I don't think I had ever been happier, my face hurt from smiling so much.

When eventually I finished smiling he explained to me that the walk we were planning for the next day down through the park he was going to walk me to a pretty spot and tell me that he loved me for the first time. Trust me to ruin something! Still its a wonderful memory of the first time we told each other we were in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment