Friday, July 15, 2011

Journal Day 2

The older we get, the more certain we get about who we are and what our purpose is. For me, a lot of it is still unknown, but as I make my way down my own path, I have begun to realize that there are indeed some inevitable truths that I know for sure. On your own blog, write a post that talks about "the one thing you know for sure."

The one thing I know to be 100% true is that nothing ever works out as you hope but most of the time it works out for the best, so hope for that.

A year after moving to Sydney I applied to go to university and I didn't get in (note, Australian university years are February to November). I was gutted. To be honest it was fairly arrogant of me but having just called off a wedding I had a lot invested in getting into uni. In the hopes of getting in next year I went to TAFE.

The next year I applied again and didn't get in.

The next year I applied again. While I was waiting to hear from UAC Rio Tinto Coal where I was working for decided to close the Sydney office. So only a few weeks before Christmas we were all told we were out of a job. Only a few days later I heard that I had gotten into the University of NSW Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications). Talk about good timing. Being retrenched meant I was getting a great pay out that would help pay for uni, plus because my role was considered key to the change over I didn't finish work until uni had started.

In a double bonus, I met my darling Richard at uni. Had I gone a few years earlier I might never have met him.

Journal Day prompts are written by Danielle at Sometimes Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment