Monday, February 21, 2011

21 Feb 2011

I was on Facebook yesterday and someone had a photo of a Coke Spider (also known as a coke float). It reminded me of summers as a kid when my Nanna would make them for us.

Obviously people had commented and one genius had a tip for how to avoid the froth that happens when you put the ice cream. Its genius in its simplicity - pour in the coke, put in a couple of ice cubes and then but the ice cream on the floating platform that the ice cubes create. Genius!!! Of course I had to test it and it totally works ... now to resist making one everyday.

How awesome is the potential of social media. Ok getting the perfect coke spider isn't that impressive in the grand scheme of life but its an example of what we can do when we communicate people, even people we don't know, through social media. Exciting times we live in, very exciting.


I found the vintage poster here

No comments:

Post a Comment