Saturday, March 19, 2011

20 March 2011


I finally saw Black Swan and I really do understand why it is winning so many awards. It is a beautiful film. I read a review that describe the camera as another member of the ballet company and its true. The camera is right there as one of the dancers, dragging you through long rehearsals and showing you the intensity of being on stage.

The film inspired me to want to go and see live performances. Whether with Opera Australia, Sydney Dance Company, The Australian Ballet, Sydney Theatre Company who currently has Cate Blanchett and her husband Andrew Upton as Artistic Directors, Sydney Symphony and so many more.

As I was exploring I discovered two things that I think would just be amazing for Richard and I:

Sir Terry Pratchett in conversation at the Opera House Richard and I both love his books, would just be too good to pass up!

Distant Worlds music from Final Fantasy we have before attended a concert at the Sydney Opera House to hear game music live. They really put an incredible amount of effort into game scores and to hear it live somewhere like the Opera House is just too cool.

image via

No comments:

Post a Comment