Thursday, March 24, 2011

24 March 2011

Today I am grateful for the life and work of Elizabeth Taylor.

For me as a child, and still to this day, when I think of the most beautiful woman in the world I think of Elizabeth Taylor. As a tall, dorky teenager to see her on screen I wasn't jealous. I wished only that I looked that way.

On screen she was mesmerizing. Not just her beauty but the performances themselves. As a child I desperately wanted to be an actress and Elizabeth Taylor was an icon. For the record my favourite Liz Taylor film has to be A Place in the Sun (1951)

You also have to give her credit for her amazing charity work. Much like Princess Diana she was able to leverage her fame to ensure a good cause was heard.

Elizabeth Taylor you were amazing and should I ever be lucky enough to have a daughter I will show her movies to her too and hopefully you will spark her imagination as well. May you rest in peace.

Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment