Friday, April 15, 2011

16 April 2011

As I so often love to do on a rainy Saturday afternoon (which today is) I was catching up on some reading. As I was reading A Beautiful Journey Arielle had what she refered to as a Weekly Daybook. I liked the questions she posed so thought I would take the time to do the same here

Outside my window ...
The rain has paused for the moment and I hear birds chirping. Since we are rugged up inside its so lovely to hear them enjoying the rain

I am thinking ...
Of the work week ahead. The boss is away and as we had hot cross buns to celebrate Easter together she advised the junior staff that I was the go to manager. A real sign that the boss respects me but a big responsibility.

I am thankful for ...
Time spent with Richard where neither of us has to work ... or talks about working

What I am learning ...
That as 30 knocks loudly on the door that it isn't a death sentence, my life isn't over and in fact there are so many amazing things in this world I still have to see.

I am going ...
to New Zealand for my birthday in just over a months time and I really need to get planning. Another meeting with the travel agent tomorrow to go over some more details.

I am hearing ...
my head is full of Bruno Mars

I am hoping ...
to master the skill of budgeting. I can do it at work, why can't apply it at home

Around the house ...
all I see are chores to be done and no motivation to do them. Though if I look closer I realise the chores are simply a sign that we have a home here, Richard and I, together

One of my favourite things ...
Is curling up on the couch, with a good book, drinking a cup of tea.

A few plans for the week ...
This week I have to get easter presents for my nephew and nieces, a mothers day present for my beloved Mum and a birthday present for my sister Ellen. I also need to sort out Richard's present (its ordered but not here yet which always makes me nervous

A picture ...
My parents always said that this was my mug because when I was little I looked like the girl. If I were to be brave enough one day to get a tattoo this will be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment