Saturday, April 30, 2011

29 April 2011 - the Royal Wedding



As a fan of all things royal I must celebrate today with links and photos from the Royal Wedding. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looked amazing and I would like to think that were I in there shoes I would have carried it off as well. My favourite thing, besides her dress, were the old school vows that I felt were such a reminder to those us not married of the commitment marriage is and why we would go into it.

What I find interesting as we see all of the post-wedding coverage is that it is always the same images but what we saw and experienced by going the slow way and watching the coverage was something quite different. Yes we spent at least 4 hours just watching what would otherwise by empty television but we did it together, we were part of the history making moment in our own little corners of the world.



First official photos are out now, including the one above with their young attendants in the throne room.

Must start with the great coverage on Hello Magazine. It has been my go-to resource for all things royal for a long time now and it didn't disappoint.


I got the official wedding programme from the official wedding website. The service was beautiful so its nice to have that record of the ceremony. This photo was newly released for the programme. Catherine looks unbelievable and William looks so happy you can only want the best for them.


Her tiara was amazing. It was subtle but so was her entire wedding look so it worked. There was enough bling to make everyone happy but it kept with the overall natural beauty of the wedding.


I loved that Maid of Honour Philippa (Pippa) Middleton also wore an incredible McQueen gown. Most particularly I loved the bridesmaid in white look. She looked amazing! I love the idea of white bridesmaids dresses. She looked amazing, you can be pretty sure no one else will match the bridal party this way and there is a tradition that attendants in white will protect the bride from "demons" which as a bride is important.


Ten points to the Prince of Wales web developers who already updated the website to reflect the marriage and new titles.

Although it makes me nervous that video like this would get out I loved the excitement of this verger.

For a touch of Britannia you can't go passed the amazing rendition of God Save the Queen. I feel for the Middleton's who stood across from the Queen as they sang.


Overall the wedding was a touching tribute to love and the magic of monarchy.

Images via: news.com.au; Fabsugar; The Knot; Weddingesque

No comments:

Post a Comment