Wednesday, April 6, 2011

6 April 2011

Seven years ago a scared woman (me) enrolled at UNSW. I never dreamed that I would meet two of the most important people I would ever met. One being Richard and the other my darling friend Espen. Funnily enough it was a gentle nudge from Espen that made me realise that Richard could be more than just a mate at uni.

Espen has been there through the good, the bad and the funny. I remember the hours he and I spent just talking whilst at uni over a coffee. European royals, films, how we thought Harry Potter would end (still sad HP didn't end up with Hermione), past men, Take That, Madonna, Britney and Scandinavia. He was there for my nephew's first Christmas (which is where the photo was taken) and sending his love from afar when my aunt and uncle passed away.

Even though he lives in Oslo and I haven't seen him in years I miss him everyday. I had hoped to get to Europe for my birthday this year but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards, hopefully next year.

To me birthdays are about celebrating just how wonderful it is that someone was born. I am glad you were born Espen and even more glad that you decided to come all the way to Australia to get a media degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment