Monday, April 18, 2011

18 April 2011

I know that in our modern world it is so easy to flick someone a quick email to say hello but there is a lot to say for a handwritten letter in the post. This evening when I got home from work there was a letter in the mail box waiting for me. As soon as I saw it I knew the letter from was from Grandma S (my mum's mum). Her words were a timely reminder that the most important thing is family.

I love this photo. Its my Grandma and Grandpa I believe taken in the 50s or 60s. They are so happy and although I do not remember them ever being like that its funny to think the photos taken of me now may one day be unrecognizable to my grandchildren. But then, I think photos like that are so much more important as it reminds me despite the statistics some people, who really love each other will be together for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment