Saturday, April 23, 2011

24 April 2011

There has always been something incredible about easter for me. Ok I will admit an extra long weekend is always a good thing but it's more than that.

Firstly I am one of the many that has a fear of dieing. Well actually I have a fear of being dead. I do think these are different. What I am afraid of is not being with the people who matter to me.

That someone would die for my sins is incredible. Now I am not selfish enough to think that when he died Jesus was thinking of me specifically. Rather I believe that Jesus thought of those other than himself, that he wanted the best for us and that he would go to extremes to ensure it. The only other people that care that much about me are my parents and Richard. It is that thought that makes Easter important and why today as people eat more chocolate than is good for us we should remember the original point of Easter.

Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment