Tuesday, April 19, 2011

19 April 2011

With only 11 days until the Royal Wedding we are starting to see a slew of Royal Romance/Wedding documentaries.

I watched one this evening on Charles and Diana's wedding. Charles and Diana had an amazing wedding. It was so romantic and really did for me set in my mind what a princess and a bride should look like.

As an adult I have seen other royals wed (include Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Camilla and Charles) all of them have built on what we first saw 30 years ago with Charles and Diana.

I look forward to seeing the traditional and the personal in the wedding of William and Kate. I also look forward to seeing how an event like this will be reflected in the online world. Today I read that the Royal YouTube channel will live stream the wedding. The British Monarchy's twitter account @clarencehouse will have live updates and I am sure that the world wide community will participate.

The whole "circus" (for want of a better word) will be studied in media courses and beyond for years. So let us just sit back and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment