Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 of 365


Today I have to be grateful that my family and I are all safe and dry and not effected by these incredible floods in Queensland.

I have been trying to get into a flood effected area myself once. Though the flooding then was no where near as bad I remember how frightening it was for my family as I attempted to get into Newcastle. I was traveling up to the Hunter Valley to attend my sister in laws baby shower for my nephew Harrison and although it was raining in Sydney it was nothing compared to what awaited my in Newcastle. I will always be thankful that my brother in law, father and partner all worked together to keep me up to date on what was happening and to help me get home safely.

The map is from the Aussie Bureau of Meteorology

No comments:

Post a Comment